Subject: RE: [Leica] Which 35mm?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:02:41 +0000

If the choice is between the 35/2 ASPH and the 35/1.4 (non-ASPH), I would
recommend the 35/2 ASPH.

I have both and have used both and I like both. The ASPH is an all round
good performer all the way to wide open. The 35/1.4 has a different
"personality" when used at between f1.4-2.0. This is something which some
people like and some people don't. I have not found another lens which is
able to give me that sort of leica glow and I have learnt to appreciate
what I can do with it wide open. Some might like to say, "It's an acquired
taste!"

Dan K.

                  Contentment with Godliness is great gain.