Subject: Re: [Leica] roundshot
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:10:28 -0500

>DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

>snip

>I'd think you were often better off using a hand gyro which attached to your
>camera in many cases.

Those gyros *do* work; however, they are bulky and take some time to
come up to speed. Talk about battery life - - -!!!!!  You gotta'
anticipate when you'll be using the gyro/camera about five to ten
minutes in advance to let the gyro come up to full speed and provide
its best stabilization.

I used one of Ken's smallest gyros when I was trying to shoot objects
from a Seine River tour boat. The resulting slides were appreciably
clean - -  but at what cost?  Two pounds of gyro connected to the
base plate of an M6.   Yikes!

George

George Berger
gberger@his.com