Subject: Re: [Leica] tabletop tripod
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:53:46 +1100

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> When I bought my tabletop tripod the salesperson demonstrated using it on
> the chest (together with the Leica ball head), thus reducing the
> unsteadiness of the hands. Well, I guess it does not help much if your
> whole body sways, and I have never used it on my chest. Has anybody used it
> in that way?

  Christer,  I have, One time in December at a Christmas marked in the Night.
(Night started after about 5pm.) It worked like a charm. I took some pictures
with a 1 sec time. Nearly all came out useful. I suppose an enlargement of 10"
X 15" would have shown some shake, but for smaller size prints they seemed ok.
I always carry a tabletop
tripod with me. It  is not a Leitz (even so I have a couple), but a Minolta,
which I find far superior and a lot less expensive, than the Leitz table top
tripod.

Regards, Horst Schmidt.