Subject: [Leica] ebay----Yes, there are Bargains
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:54:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gang,

I read a lot of bitching-and-moaning on the LUG about
ebay ( http://www.ebay.com ).  My personal experience
is that I have picked up a number of bargains there.
I know others on that have done the same.

There are distinct advantages to ebay that it's
detractors fail to mention.

1)  You set the price that you are willing to pay for
an item.

2)  There is no sales tax :-)

3)  The sellers don't rip you off for shipping.

4)  You can check on the honesty of a seller by
looking at his "feedback".  That is one thing you sure
as hell can't do with the New York camera dealers.

5)  When you come right down to it...ebay is quite a
lot of fun.  (The way to do it is log-on once every
couple days and see what items are coming up...or do a
search for items you are looking to buy)

Don't kid yourself.  Ebay is extremely popular and a
very efficient way of buying and selling products.
This is how both used and new items are going to be
sold from now on.

Regards,

Bill