Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 00:26:20 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

> going to conflict with some of us photographers of some experience here.
> <<<
>
> WHO'S being the dogmatic iconoclast laying down the law?!? I'm merely
> saying that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to your pictures
> what your tripod legs are made of! How does that make me a dog or an
> icon or anything or the sort?
>
> Woof,
>
> --Mike

I think other then the tone many would have less trouble with this one as with
putting down generalized tripod use with 35mm cameras.
It's not just for macro work as some have posted in to state. I would not dream
of doing any serious shoot without a tripod! You just never know what will
happen. Your flash goes out, the building looses power, you want some depth of
field, you realize you need to be shooting with an extra slow film.
I've shot all kinds of fast breaking situations with a tripod and was glad for
it. I love cable releases. I love a winder! dot dot dot
Mark Rabiner