Subject: [Leica] "M" viewfinder correction lenses are available
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:08:46 EST

   Unless you have a bad case of astigmatism, there is no point in
   having an optometrist grind the lens from a standard large blank
   for you when ther are so many standard diopter lenses from other
   companies available in ( -4 to +4 ) strengths.  The astigmatism
   aspect is another problem altogether & only comes to bear when
   switching from horizontal to vertical or visa-versa & can only be re-
   solved with a revolving ring.

   In my large collection of Leica parts that I mentioned in a prior
   posting -  there is a screw-in device for a "M" Leica that will
   accept the 18mm Nikon FM diopters which also came with the
   collection that I just acquired from the estate of a deceased
   Leica camera repairman.  The diopters have a store sticker on
   them that is marked $12.50 and the single adapter that came
   with them was machined & sold by a man named Lee Beeder
   of Los Angeles.  It all seems fairly simple to me to have any
   old "M" ring threaded to take a non-Leica diopter at a fraction
   of the $80.00 Leica price.

   Leically yours,

   MGM