Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: APX25 and XTOL (was: Tech Pan and XTol)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 22:01:33 +0100

Hi Christer,

I used the nominal 25, and the result was fine. Perhaps the continuous agitation of
the Jobo made a difference. I always use a 5-minute prewet with the Jobo, both to
bring the film and reels to processing temperature and to ensure even development.
It may or may not really make a difference, but I do not mind doing it.

The DDX is working fine. So far I have used it with Delta 100, 400 and 3200. It
works well with all 3, but I have not nailed down the exact development time,
dilution and temperature with the 400 and 3200 yet. With the 100, I have settled on
12 minutes at 24C with a 1+9 dilution. Wonderful results. I will be trying this
kind of combination of higher dilution and longer time/higher temperature with my
next roll of 400. I am still aiming to arrive at just one developer, whether DDX or
XTOL.

Nathan

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> What iso rating did you use? 5 mins is what Kodak recommend for iso 12, and
> I generally find Kodak's times to be on the low side, at least for my
> agitation which is 10 secs per minute. Also I like the negatives a bit
> harder for my diffused light enlarger.  Does prewet mean that you can
> reduce the developing time? Or why do you do it? Always, or just for short
> development times in order to ensure even development?
>
> I have got good results with APX 25 developing 8 mins for iso 50 and 11
> mins for iso 100, all xtol 1+1 at 68° and agitating 10 sec per minute.
> However,  I have not done any  zone system type exposure series followed by
> density measurements, but I will do that one day...
>
> How did your relationship with DDX develop (no pun intended)? Some time ago
> you said DDX might become your standard developer.
>
> Chris

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium