Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: APX25 and XTOL (was: Tech Pan and XTol)
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:47:23 +0100

>I processed a roll of Agfapan 25 in XTOL 1+1, 5 minutes at 20C/68F in the Jobo
>processor, with a 5-minute prewet. The result was excellent.
>
>Nathan

Nathan,

What iso rating did you use? 5 mins is what Kodak recommend for iso 12, and
I generally find Kodak's times to be on the low side, at least for my
agitation which is 10 secs per minute. Also I like the negatives a bit
harder for my diffused light enlarger.  Does prewet mean that you can
reduce the developing time? Or why do you do it? Always, or just for short
development times in order to ensure even development?

I have got good results with APX 25 developing 8 mins for iso 50 and 11
mins for iso 100, all xtol 1+1 at 68° and agitating 10 sec per minute.
However,  I have not done any  zone system type exposure series followed by
density measurements, but I will do that one day...

How did your relationship with DDX develop (no pun intended)? Some time ago
you said DDX might become your standard developer.

Chris