Subject: RE: [Leica] Pro or no
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:11:24 -0500

Tde Grant wrote

Being a professional photographer always appears to others as, "WOW that's I
want to do, travel the world, meet people, go to interesting resturants!"  I
mean, "you can't shoot on an
empty stomach!" said Napoleon!" :)

The truth of is, 90% income earning assignments are very mundane and merely
put funds in your pocket. The interesting and exciting stuff is the 10%,
the assignments that pros like to talk about because that's where your'e
always in fun time, albeit damn dangerous some times.  There's always the
excitment adrenilen rush to make you hully gully! :) And a happy camper
shooter.:)

For more reading on the "glamor" of being a freelance photographer/foreign
correspondent I would reccommend reading  Anthony Loyds' My War Gone By, I
Miss It So, an achingly moving story of his 3 years in Bosnia.  No pix
though.

Jonathan Lee