Subject: RE: [Leica] Summarex question
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:21:25 -0000

Marc,

Having looked at a ZOOEP yesterday I think the lens head of the Summarex is
going to be too large to fit any of the existing focus mounts - but I'm
going to contact Malcolm Taylor, an English Leica repairer and restorer who
is happy to have a go at making anything he thinks might be possible, to
see if he can make me up a focus mount.

I'm very happy with what I shot with the Summarex in a theatre a couple of
days ago - the main limitation is that over-exposed highlights, especially
under theatre spot lights, get an abundance of the ethereal Leica glow -
which means that you have to expose for the highlights and lose shadow
detail if you don't want halos everywhere that make the picture look like
religious kitsch.  Even so, it's a much more useful lens than I expected -
and it is the most solidly and beautifully constructed Leica lens that I
have yet seen.

Simon.