Subject: Re: [Leica] what 6x9 cm folding camera to buy?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:13:47 EST

In a message dated 1/4/00 9:26:55 PM, Gaifana@aol.com writes:

>Get a Moskva-5 and make sure to get the 6x6 mask for it. It's way
>heavier-duty than a Super Ikonta C, has coated lenses and X-synch (which
>would set you back $1300 with a Zeiss). They're under $200 . . . .

I've long thought about getting one of the modern medium format rangefinders
but I can't justify the price since I have no idea what I would actually do
with the camera. The old folders are interesting though. I checked ebay and
there's a small boatload of Moskva 5 cameras offered for sale right now. Most
of them are offered by the same guy and they all start at $75. Most of them
have received no bids. A quick check of the completed items shows that
similar cameras went for not much more than $75. I may have to try one . . .

OLC (obligatory Leica content): Of course, truth be told, I'm sure I would
much rather shoot with my Leica.

Bob