Subject: Re: [Leica] tech pan notes
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:07:36 EST

In a message dated 1/4/00 11:42:50 AM Central Standard Time,
Ruralmopics@aol.com writes:

<<
 In a message dated 1/4/00 10:31:23 AM, gklein@excel.net writes:

 >I do not
 >
 >believe there is an enlarger out there other than the Leica which can
 >
 >properly focus the print to maximize the definition of this film.

 Huh?  >>

I have used the Valoy II, and Focomats, and it is my opinion there are
several enlargers that will maximize the definition of Tech Pan in addition
to the Leitz enlargers.  I would certainly add the Durst L 1200 enlargers to
the list.  I use the point source kit with the L 1200 and the APO lenses for
35 and 2 1/4 square stuff.  Nice and sharp for sure.

Have a friend at Houston who uses the old D series enlarger and his stuff is
truly fine.

The Valoy and Focomats are still my number one pick if one is going to stick
with 35 mm enlargers.