Subject: Re: [Leica] Pascals response See Zoom VS Summicron photos
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 01:47:43 GMT

Hi Pascal, I agree that light falloff is notable in the mini3, but seems to
be much less than in other p&s...Particularly the Yashica T4.

As for camera shake, I can only say that I have never experienced a problem.
  (sounds like a fat fingered reviewer:)

In running the Vario at F4 I find no dramatic fall off in resolution, but
there is a drop in contrast.  It equates to about 1/2 paper grade when
printing b&w.

By  F4.5 contrast is noticably improved.

By the way, I have done some full aperture night shots with superb results.
Internal reflections are somewhat better damped than even my Summicron 35 M
(last non-asph).  At 50mm the performance is equal to the Summicron M.

Best Wishes
Dan States