Subject: Re: [Leica] Uhhhh...mail-order?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 16:01:54 -0800

Dan Cardish wrote:

> I guess since this is a *Leica* mailing list, the value of money is
> supposed to be irrelevant, but for the sake of our amusement I would like
> to point out that as easy as it is to call up B&H Photo in another country
> and order some film, there are some nasty little hidden costs that jump out
> of the woodwork.  The worst is that extortion charge you must pay to UPS to
> thank them for handling the duty payments (duty =  a buck and a half, UPS
> 'broker fee" =  fifty bucks).
>
> I suppose if TX was so much more miraculously better than TXP (and if I
> used enough of it to justify a large order), it might be worth the effort,
> but no one has been able to demonstrate to me the real differences.
><Snip>

TX is as different form TXP as Hp5 or Agfapan 400 is. Perhaps more so.
I'm not saying it's better or worse. Just a whole lot different.
To call it TXP Tri x at all is beyond me. What you call that:?
Market Blurring?
Random disinformation?
apathetic name thinking upping?
Mark Rabiner
So it's not like "Well they're out of Regular Tri X so I'll get Tri X
Professional!" might as well get Negrapan 400 from spain (if they had it!)