Subject: [Leica] Tsk, tsk
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 12:42:51 +0000

Bernard: >>>Everytime I get home with "at least something", I'm very
disappointed; I want *the* thing. This is not to say I'm such a master,
but I'm trying, and as long as I try, I'll try with something other than
Tri-X, because..... I don't like grain, and I do like sharpness...I use
Agfa APX 25 mostly; unfortunately tech pan is unavailable here<<<

After all that posturing, you don't use Tech Pan because YOU CAN'T GET
IT? In this age of mail-order and overnight delivery? You MUST be
kidding. Where do you live, Antarctica? That's the weakest excuse I have
ever heard. Tech Pan is the sharpest, most grainless, best-resolving
film ever made, as anyone who knows anything will attest. If you don't
like grain and do like sharpness, it is most assuredly "the" thing. You
deserve Tech Pan. Tech Pan deserves you. And yet you turn your back on
it for the sake of...mere...CONVENIENCE?!? I'm horrified. What an utter
lack of committment to quality and craft.

- --Mike