Subject: [Leica] T-Max and Xtol
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 12:25:20 +0000

Skip W.: >>>
There was an article in a magazine (I believe it was the excellent
Camera & Darkroom) by the developer of Xtol and he states that the
developer was designed specifically for the T-Max films.  I use T-Max
100, 400, and 3200, all souped in Xtol 1:1 and get great results.

Try Xtol 1:1 (one-shot), you'll like it.  To T-Max developer, just say
no
<<<

Uh, _PHOTO Techniques_, actually, Sept/Oct 1999 issue. I agree with your
conclusions, though. T-Max Developer is not terribly friendly to T-Max
100. I think Xtol is quite a bit better.

In fact if I were starting over today, I'd start with Xtol, find a film
that works well with it, then match the film and developer to a paper.
Xtol is that good.

- --Mike (Editor, _PHOTO Techniques_)