Subject: [Leica] Half price M6
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:18:22 +0100

I got a handful of Swedish photo magazines for Xmas and some of them have
an ad from ten (all?) of the authorized Leica centers in Sweden.  They
advertise M6 TTL for 25 (Swedish) grand which is  a little bit less than
three thousand dollars or euro, but that is besides the point. What I found
interesting is that  you can get your M6 TTL for 13 (Swedish) grand plus
your old in-working-order M6.

I wonder how they recycle the M6s. As used,  or demonstrator, or  some
other fancy description, ..... or is the margin so high the simply scrap
them. If so where is their dump located?

(Just to give you an idea of Swedish price levels, the BessaL with 15m lens
is seven (Swedish) grand or about 820 dollars /euro)