Subject: [Leica] tri-x: why I stopped using it
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:08:03 +0100

I stopped using Tri-X  Pan (the one with 5063 marked on the film between
the frame numbers) because none of the three shops around here (Eimsbüttel,
Hamburg, Germany) where I used to get it  stocks it any more. Instead they
have Tri- Pan Pro which is rated at 400. Photo Tech magazine say that: '
Tri-X Pan and Tri-X Pan Professional are wholly different films without
much in common besides their manufacturer and name.' They say the Pro is
only available as roll and sheet film and that the speed is 320. Contrary
to this, the Xtol tables say Tri-X Pro has a nominal speed of 400 in 35 mm
(and 320 in 120/620 format). This got me confused, so I started using
HP5plus which I like very much. Still I would appreciate somebody telling
me the if there is any difference between the 5063 Tri-X and the Tri-X Pan
Pro, if there is any.