Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica lens question (135mm 2.8 -M)
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:20:46 EST

Ruralmopics@aol.com writes:

<< With that being said, what is the general opinion of the Elmarit
 used wide open? >>

Others may disagree, but both the R and the M 135, 2.8 are highly
under-regarded by many Leica users - thus they are available for a steal,
IMO. I bought them when they were new and have had several over the years.
However, I do find the lens more useful in its R version but, now and then,
the need for 2.8 arises with the M camera. My usual M 135 is the f4- a truly
high definition lens. But for low - light hand-held photography there is no
issue.
Bob Figlio