Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Coverage
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 18:42:51 -0800

While all this discussion of the merits of Passport coverage vs. other
insurance coverage is interesting, I was under the impression that for USA
purchases, the Passport is not optional, it is part of the new camera
purchase.  You do not have the option to refuse it and get a price
reduction.  Is this not the case?

If it is not, my guess is that dealers are not making their customers aware
of the option to decline.  I know that I was not given this option when I
purchased my M6 in October.

rp johnson