Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Light purple/pink Ilford film
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 11:48:03 -0600

At 12:03 PM 02/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm confused because I've never gotten pink negatives from "traditional"
>films, like Tri-X and HP5. Since the negs are clear and uniform, I'm less
>worried than I might be. But I'm still curious about what might be going on.
>
>Maybe guess I'll go back to Tri-X. :)

The pink will come out with proper fixing.  Forget about how you fix for
conventional films.  Give TMax about twice as long with rapid fixer and you
will be in the right ballpark.  If there is any pink left that you can't
get out, you can print right through it.  It doesn't seem to have any
effect on multigrade paper contrast.