Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X (or is it still top dog?)
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:18:03 -0500

Thanks Dan.  I just got a couple of rolls of HP5+ that came with a pack of
paper as a promotion so I'll get to try that out.  Interesting that Ilford
films are rather hard to find retail here in Eastern Virginia.  Everybody
carries the paper though.

My Tri-x grain seems to vary by roll.  Grain is always good, but sometimes
is superfine.  I have only been buying a couple at a time so emulsion
batches will vary.  Development is always more or less the same, Xtol 1:1.
I usually develop at the ambient room temperature and maintain the same temp
through all solutions including the wash.  So starting temperature may also
be the variable.

Mike D