Subject: Re: Re[Leica] All hail Tri-X, Off with TMAX's head!
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:01:09 -0500

OK, this dry down is another thing I have noticed in my recent return to the
darkroom.  In fact my prints darken noticeably by the time the wash is done.
I kept trying to redo my prints when they look too light and ended up
overdoing it.  I'm using Ilford MGIV RC both warm and cold tone.  I also
used a package of Luminos and had the same experience.  Didn't like the
Luminos much.

One print I did tonight had little highlight detail when it hit the fix.  I
left it alone and after a short fix and wash all the detail was there.  Is
this just an RC thing?  I've used RC before but never noticed this.  Anybody
know why this happens?

Mike D

- -----Excerpt from Original Message-----