Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm/F 1.0 Lens for Leica M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:11:50 -0700

The Canadian factory made glass for many specialty cameras, x-ray machines
and what have you. They were quite often marked ELCAN for E. Leitz CANada.
Generally these lenses are now offered without the cameras or devices for
which they were intended. I would suspect that the 90f1.0 is optimized for
the transmission of x-rays (what a rocket scientist I am) and would not be a
good visible light lens; but, you could test to find out. That darn factory
is still making this kind of stuff but was sold by Leica a while ago. I
wouldn't pay much for such a curiousity.

John Collier