Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V14 #44
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:09:49 -0800

Tom,

The Passport Protection plans purports to be more than a warranty. It does
protect you against damage - even if you cause it - something a warranty
does not do. It's not really a warranty and it's not really insurance. This
is why Leica doesn't refer to it as either. My point is just that for most
people, better coverage is available for considerably less expense. I also
think that some people think that if they have the Passport plan they're
fully covered - but they're not.

Bryan