Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: Tim Smith <tssmith@best.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:30:39 -0800

At 05:29 PM 12/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 05:14 PM 12/30/1999 EST, TEAShea@aol.com wrote:
>>And of course a visoflex is elegant and tidy ?
>
>The short answer?  Yes.  Have YOU ever used one?

I'm not him, but some of my best macro slides were taken using the Visoflex
II with a 90mm Elmar short mount on a bellows (all on a tripod, for the
most part). Sure a SLR with a macro lens and an auto flash (my current F100
with 200mm Micro and SB-28) is more convenient, but I don't seem to get the
same striking images. Maybe it's this age thing I keep hearing about...

The Visoflex is not a liability. It has a much brighter and
easier-to-focus-on ground glass than any 35mm SLR I have ever used, and the
non-return mirror (on the I and II) is not a problem when it is used within
its design parameters. (No one is going to use it to shoot hockey games...)

Tim