Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: Marshall Rafferty <mrafferty@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:19:22 -0800

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:49:44 EST, Bob wrote:

>I don't mean to sound insulting but is this theory or experience speaking?
>Specifically I'm wondering about the speedboats and the batter examples. When
>I shoot a batter I feel like anything less than 300mm is way to little lens
>(even a 400mm is better). I just can't imagine shooting a batter with a 90mm.
>I understand the point the original poster is trying to make. Maybe it's just
>a bad example.

LOL. Obviously a bad example, even though it's experience in both
situations, not theory. As to longer focal lengths, I personally
cannot hand hold either a 300 or 400 steady enough, and don't take
tripods to ball games. My preference is a nice compact 90 Tele-Elmarit
and a seat in one of the first six rows, when we can get them. <S>

Regards,

Marshall