Subject: RE: [Leica] URGENT REQUEST FOR ADVICE...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:11:24 -0000

Once again, the LUG - politics, Scotch and underwear aside - proves to be
worth the entire existence of the Internet!

Thanks, Jonathan - Stephen - and Mike - and Richard...and anyone else who
may be responding as we speak....And I didn't even ask about the roll of
five-year-post-date T-Max....The film has been in a third-floor closet...The
house is air conditioned, so it is generally below 74 in the summer, and we
use heat pretty sparingly in the winter....I think I have enough fresh film,
but I was planning on taking this as a back up...I have found, thus far,
that the roll-your-own stands me in good stead...I have the inspiration of
Salgado -who, believe it or not, uses bulk film - and the fact that I scan
all my negs and do digital printing - which means that PhotoShop can take
care of any scratches, dust, etc. etc....But all your advice is really
appreciated...and you are all right (except about the bulk loading part
;-) ) - and, yes, I knew the answer, it's just that having that nice
unopened box of 100' feet of Tri-X staring at me is sooooooo tempting....

Anyw