Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 35 ASPH or before? see little test!
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:52:35 +0100

Dear Luggers,

Life is full of decisions, and mine last week was how to choose between a
Summicron M 35
mm, latest before ASPH, and the current ASPH model. A month ago ago many
Luggers offered welcome advise, and I knew that I could not go wrong with
either lens. My dealer offered me a try-out of the two, and the
difference in the rendition of out of focus objects (bokeh?) won me over tot
the ASPH. For that I did a small test, that may be of limited scientific
value, but the results are interesting.

Look at my homepage where I put up two pictures (both approx 65k):

http://home.wxs.nl/~sanderva/SummiTest.htm

And while you are there, on the Photography section of the Homepage you will
find some pictures I made in Syria in October of this year, mainly with the
Elmarit 24mm and the Apo-Summicron 90mm.

Comments are welcome and my asbestos tuxedo is ready for battle!

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Holland