Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder or SLR?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:33:24 -0800

It is important to note that you used 1/8 sec hand held.

I have hand held my Leicas, both LTM and M, successfully at one second with
acceptable negatives when enlarged to at least 8"X10".

With Pentax, Canon and Nikon SLRs I get fuzzy negatives at anything slower
than 1/30 and even at 1/30 I can have problems.   Too much mass is moving.

After a few SLR years, I returned to Leica.   I don't need a zoom and I have
Leica lenses from 35mm to 200mm, the later with a viewfinder.

I haven't used a 35mm SLR in over a year.  My pictures from my last trip
were better than my  earlier SLR trips.

Roland Smith