Subject: Re: [Leica] Forsale and WTB on the LUG
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:02:45 -0500

Bill Campbell wrote:

> I think the more commercial postings [i.e., Leica dealers] should only be
> posted once a week, unless you have new equipment from your last posting.
> I'm in favor of retaining Fri FS for commercial listings, but think
> individual postings should be allowed, and encouraged!, on any day.

I would like to see a modification of this, to include:

 * 'Commercial' denotes not only Leica dealers, but also manufacturers
   of cameras, accessories, or other items, including but not limited to
   on-line and off-line publishers.

 * Ads should be written in informative language, not advertizing copy,
   customer testimonials, glitzy use of adjectives or anything else
   other than straight, factual information.

 * If you wish to include anything but straight, factual information,
   proivde a URL in the body of the message to a web-site where people
   who wish to read your advertisments can do so.

I do not propose that someone inforce this, but I do implore those who post
ads on the LUG to please exercise self-moderatation to the degree that you
follow the three suggestions above.

And, yes, this does include Leica Camera itself.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |