Subject: Re: [Leica] buying and selling cameras
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:46:25 EST

In a message dated 12/25/99 2:58:28 AM, reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< The current rule about limiting commercial messages to Fridays is not a
rule that I made. There were a few years when I found it difficult to
read the list every day, so I just sort of skimmed it and let anarchy
rule. I don't know who proposed or announced that rule, but I like it. >>

FWIW, when I joined this group I thought the For Sale Fridays item was
incredibly cool. I still do. I've been active on so many newsgroups and
listserves that are a pain because of all the mercenary traffic. I find the
For Sale Friday tradition to be so "civilized" and definately in keeping with
Leica sensibilities. I for one would like to see the tradition continue.

Bob