Subject: Re: LUG[Leica] "This is War" David Douglas Duncan
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:28:57 -0800

sometime around 12/22/99 12:02 PM, Gwpics@aol.com at Gwpics@aol.com was
heard  to write:

> As the Korean war progressed ... the reputation of the new lenses spread
> until, in a matter of only three months, there was scarcely a photographer
> working out of Japan who was not using Nikkors on his cameras."

Which only goes to show that press photographers are a bunch of sheep when
it comes to equipment (note the mass migration to Canon and the standard -
"There is no difference in lenses). Funny thing is, some writers for Pop
Photo use this as an agrument for why Japanese lenses  are as good or better
than Leica to this day - 50 years later! That's like saying Amiga is better
because their OS was better in 1984.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Cynicism often masquerades for sophistication in our society, but more often
than not it's merely an indicator of resentment.