Subject: Re: [Leica] Incident light measuremeent
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:24:53 -0800

Frank Dernie wrote:

> Bernard wrote
> "As a matter of fact, reflected light metering can and will be *much*
> more relevant than incident light values. Just think about high key, low
><Snip>
>
> Hope I make some  sense Frank

Another thing which comes to mind in the interesting aspects of light
measurement that has just arisen...
I know of no photographers besides myself which do not at the backdrop with
studio strobes incident readings with a flash meter as their standard modus
operandi.
I use the same Minolta F which I would use on location under natural light
although I find the meters on my M6's handy enough (for ambient light of course).
Lately I have even been reconsidering my technique and have been eyeing some
incident flash meters. I did well using them for years I can relate to their use
on a film set.
Mark Rabiner