Subject: Re: [Leica] Thank you!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:33:41 -0800

Martin Howard wrote:

>I would like to thank everyone who has participated in the political debate
>surrounding taxes, the U.S. Constitution, state vs. federal control,
>Europe vs. USA, gun and interstate trucking legislation, and air traffic
>control.
>
>This is one of the true benefits of the LUG: In no other special interest
>mailing list that I'm a member of can I get such wonderful information!
>
>I've learned so much about subjects I had no idea I needed to know about in
>order to take pictures with my Leicas.   For this, and the many minutes of
>pure, unadulterated enjoyment that comes from reading these messages with
>their diverse subject headings that makes filtering such a creative
>experience, I truly do thank you.
>
>Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year to all!

Hi Martin.

I agree with you in giving thanks to my American cousins to the south, as
it was so kind of them to share their country's laws and internal life with
the world. Particularly as we close the 20th century and about to embark on
a new Mellinium.

I never knew there was such friction between "State and Federal"
jurisdictions. I always thought only Canada had these slight law annoyances
between Provinces and Federal Government. But alas others must suffer also.

However, I wont bother the LUG/LEG with internal nonsense of my country,
certainly for those who really don't care whether we like Maple Syrup on
our sausages and butter on our pancakes! :) Or a mirade of other little
things within our fabulous country. That's our lttle problem to be sorted
out at the next election and not a concern of the Leica Users of the World.

Please note...Leica Users of the World! ;)

Constitution? Whose?  And really what does it have to do with cameras,
Leica or otherwise?  However, so kind of you to share with the universe.
I'm now more understanding of things USA even though I've lived as your
neighbur for the past 70 years!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant