Subject: [Leica] R8, again, halas, problem
From: Grégoire Vandenschrick <vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:11:35 +0100

I'm very disapointed, I have now since 03/03/99 an R8, yesterday, I tried a
flash on it, as it wasn't one with the SCA3501 adapator, I put the camera on
X and Manual mode, and... no flash at all. I didn't sleep well, made some
nightmares, then, run this morning to my dealer, He tried his flash on the
camera, nothing, so now, I'm alone in Brussel, and my R8 is on its way to
Solms. I expect a response from all the belgian Luggers: did you encounter
this problem, can I hope the problem to be rapidly fixed by Leica, or will
it take a long time to have my R8 back from Germany.

I tried a long time to not listen to all the bad comments on the R8, now it
happened to me, I'm very frustrated, I would say it's a shame for Leica not
to build a good camera, totally proffessionnaly functioning.

Any recumfortant answer is very pleased, thank you all

(the good luck is that the body is under warranty, the bad luck is that now
christmas and new year approach a little bit too fast for having the camera
repaired for that time, sigh)

Greg, Brussel