Subject: Re: [Leica] leica bag
From: Grégoire Vandenschrick <vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:00:51 +0100

I bought recently a leica bag for my R8 and four optics, the internal
organisation seems to be quite identical as the slim 211 tenba bag. The
dealer said it never was commercialized by Leica but there is the red dot on
it and I know the dealer well, I don't think it's a joke. Is someone knowing
something about this?

You have to attach lenses by two, with the grey ring, and you can put these
two barrels vertically. The camera fits then perfectly near these put
vertically, its left side put down in the bag. You don't have the ability to
put a lens on it and put it in the bag, but this doesn't worry me, cause
usually, I go to a place, and there, I make the pictures I wanted to do,
then I come back, I'm not shooting in a photojournalistic style, and so
don't need to have the camera quickly ready. This is a point of view.

What I found exessively pleasing in this bag is its size, very small to
carry four lenses and a camera, and business-fashioned, so, nobody can
detect you have the equipment with you, as long as one doesn't know what's
this little red dot on the bag.

P.S. the lower part of the bag can be reached by a zipper in the front part
of the bag, and can carry films, accessories, I think the little tripod with
rotule could go in but I didn't try. You also can remove all the internal
dividers, and take the false bottom, and you have a laptop bag (uninterested
in this configuration, but it can be useful for longer lenses.

I checked just one thing, the two barrels made of the four lenses, and the
camera with motor drive, can go side by side on it, without any problem.

So, if someone has already seen this kind of Leica (authentic) Bag, I would
be pleased to know what he/she is thinking of it. If nobody has never heard
a word about this Bag, could I have a unique leica piece (my dealer had only
two of it)?

Gregoire Vandenschrick, Bruxelles