Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Moon beams
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:35:58 -0800

Amazing how news of a fortuitous event can be distorted to the point of
negating the potential beauty of the event itself.
I do not know an apogee from an apochromat, don't know a perigee from a
poodle but I do know the following:

The moon does appear larger at the horizon than overhead most likely because
of atmospheric diffraction.

If the moon will be at its closest point to the earth on the 22nd, it has to
be larger and appear somewhat brighter.

On a clear night the "sunny 16" rule is a good starting point.

On the 22nd it will rise too late for me. I'll be damned if I am going to
stand out there in the dark, er.....moon beam freezing my BVDs off.

Joseph Codispoti