Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing slide film at night
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:49:28 -0500

If Ted says it will work for lit-up scenes at night, I plan to try it.  But
like you, I tend to use my spot meter in most other circumstances.  It is a
30-year-habit that is hard to break.  More than that, I feel much more in
touch with my exposure control, and I feel as if I have a sense of how the
brightness levels will turn out. Of course, with the night scenes under
discussion, I would be at a loss with the spot technique.

I wonder how many experienced Leica users have allowed themselves to defer
decisions to the matrix.  And I wonder if, in general usage, a knowledgeable
photographer would get different results with the matrix than with the spot.
I am thinking primarily of work with color slides, but I would be interested
in hearing about all kinds of actual comparisons.

Julian