Subject: [Leica] Junior's Know-Nothing Tax Rant
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:46:46 -0500

I'm sorry and I know this is dangerously off-topic, but I have to jump in
and condemn this kind of know-nothing rant.  I try to minimize the federal
taxes I pay, but I also appreciate that government helps provide me with
clean water to drink and in which to soup film, that government provides me
with at least adequate air traffic control when I fly somewhere to take
pictures with my Leicas, that government sponsors medical research which may
keep me alive and clicking longer than I might otherwise, that government
paid 90% of the cost of the interstate highway that took me to North Dakota
to photograph the Badlands, that government maintains a military which keeps
me free to use the film and cameras of my choice, et cetera.

	Buzz Hausner

Junior wrote:

I'll bet your Wisconsin property tax was not even close to what Uncle Greed
stiffed you for last year and you probably got some state services but got
nothing but a lot of grief from Uncle Greed unless you are on social
security and living off someone else.  Just wait until the Taxacrats start
taxing e-trade sales.  Then they will start controlling e-mail.  Roosevelt
and the lib's came up with this super high tax as a way to avoid communizing
the country because if communized, the government has the responsibility for
making business work, while if government just taxes the heck out of the
Americans, the government has no responsibility for anything but
confiscating the property of Americans through taxes.  How many M-6's and
lenses could you buy with what you paid to Uncle Greed to redistribute?
Doubt that Wisconsin is screwing you; let's put the blame where it belongs.

Your post really got my attention!

Don