Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Bag
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:36:50 -0500

I don't know what you're missing, but have you ever wondered why all those
Tamrac bags are at the show or on Ebay?   Maybe you bought one of my old
Tamracs? :-)

With no disparagement to others' opinions and all kidding aside, I use
Domke for about 99% of my bag needs (I have two old Tenbas that see limited
use).  All my Tamracs and Lowepros are long gone.  I have 7 canvas Domke
bags dating from current bags to a wonderful 15yr old F2 and a new Outpack
Daypack that hasn't seen use yet..  To save my shoulder when  walking
around, I absolutely LOVE the Kinesis belt system. If you haven't seen
this, you owe to yourself to look on their web site or on photo.net for an
unbiased review.  My shoulder will never be the same (better, that is).

Yes, I know it's a sickness, but at least bag-a-holism isn't as expensive
as Leica glass!

Skip

At 12/15/99 09:31 PM  -0800, you wrote:
>I am very curious.   It seems that most photographers suggest Domke or
>Lowepro bags whenever an inquiry comes up for a recommendation.   Why is
>Tamrac almost never suggested?   I now have several different Tamrac bags
>which seem well equiped to carry and protect my gear.   All of them were
>purchased at camera shows or on Ebay for a fraction of the cost new.
>
>I have one Lowepro and while it is a nice bag, I fail to see a material
>difference from the qualities of the Tamrac in a similiar size.
>
>What am I missing?

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com