Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Value of Popular Photography
From: lbonser@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:35:28 -0800

Okay, maybe I'm just dense. I'm still not sure I understand how the lens
would be tested.

Is is possible that two different lens would test very well, almost
identical scores, but have different "looks" when used to create
photographic images?

I have three cameras, for the sake of arguement, I'm just going to say that
one of them is a Leica, but won't say what the other two are. Needless to
say, they're name brand and high end; all have lens that PP has tested very
high, but still each has a different look. The Leica has a certain depth and
clarity to it--the other two lens are somewhat different...at least to my
eye.

Les