Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Viewfinder Shows only 77%?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:57:47 +0100

Hi!
The original Pop Photo test of M6 in July 1985 shows the viewfinder
accuracy to be very good - but no numbers. The only problem is that the
picture shown is of both the 50mm and 75mm framelines - as these are
visible together, this is correct - the text is about 50mm frame but the
framing shown uses the 75mm frame. A grave mistake, I´m sure. Did they do
it again, perhaps?
All the best!
Raimo
Photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen

- ----------
> From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@usjet.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Viewfinder Shows only 77%?
> Date: 19. joulukuuta 1999 6:09
>
> That Pop Photo article that is so glowing about the M6 TTL and lenses has
> nasty little sidebar (p. 74) that says the .85 M6's viewfinder frames
show
> only 79% percent of the on-film picture area, and that the M6 shows only
> 77%!  That means there will be almost a third more area on the negative
than
> what the vf frame is showing.  Can it possibly be that bad?  Couldn't
Leica