Subject: [Leica] Re: tripod recommendations
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:08:20 -0800

- --=====================_657642970==_.ALT

I use a Gitzo Mountaineer Carbon Fiber tripod G1228, Gitzo shoulder strap
G087B, and B1 ball head for my M6. Very lightweight and very stable. Very
comfortable to carry with the strap. Carry it head down. I'm convinced that the
carbon tripods dampen vibrations much better than metal tripods. The 1228, when
folded, will pack easily in carry-on luggage. Great great tripod.

Jim

At 10:34 PM 12/16/99 -0800, Steve Caspersen wrote:

> Looking for tripod recommendations.  I use an M6 with 35 and 50mm lenses and
> an R6 with a 90mm.  Shoot landscapes quite a bit, particularly in the
> Southwest (in sandy locations).  Don't want a tripod that is heavy, just
> something light-weight but very stable.  Recommendations?  Thanks.

- --=====================_657642970==_.ALT

I use a Gitzo Mountaineer Carbon Fiber tripod G1228, Gitzo shoulder strap
G087B, and B1 ball head for my M6. Very lightweight and very stable. Very
comfortable to carry with the strap. Carry it head down. I'm convinced
that the carbon tripods dampen vibrations much better than metal tripods.
The 1228, when folded, will pack easily in carry-on luggage. Great great
tripod.<br>
Jim<br>
At 10:34 PM 12/16/99 -0800, Steve Caspersen wrote: <br>
recommendations.&nbsp; I use an M6 with 35 and 50mm lenses and an R6 with
a 90mm.&nbsp; Shoot landscapes quite a bit, particularly in the Southwest
(in sandy locations).&nbsp; Don't want a tripod that is heavy, just
something light-weight but very stable.&nbsp; Recommendations?&nbsp;