Subject: [Leica] Peter/Leica/Bessa
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:01:36 EST

So, what's wrong with what Peter has said?  He is honest and the bottom-line
is that a camera should fit the assigment, not the assignment fit the
limitations of the camera.  I am sure that Leica understands the limitations
of both the M6 and the R8.  If they could afford to change them or introduce
a system that would be technically ready and competitive in Y2K they would do
it.

Not much chance though is it?

I used the Bessa L with a 15mm lens yesterday.  Small, light, very sharp
lens, easy to use and cost around $500.  Gotta be level though....some of the
church steeples looked like they were bowing in prayer.  Very impressive for
the price.

Bob Bedwell

<< Peter K asked the question
 "In the Contax they dynaically move the frame lines as you zoom.
 I guess it was stupid for me to assume that Leica would have
 such technology or could adapt to it."

 and later answered it himself by adding
 "Personally, I do not care to read about their mechanical rangefinder and
 understanding the operation."

 He went on to write
   "All I like to do it take photographs as people
 are suppose to do with cameras."
 why then not get on with it and give up on what he does not care to
 understand?

 Frustrated Frank >>