Subject: Re: [Leica] Image management
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:51:22 -0800

Greg Locke wrote:
><Snip>
> Also Extensis Portfolio  http://www.extensis.com/portfolio/
>
> Some of these things are not cheap but I've seen prices as low as $100.00.
> An average price to pay for a "decent" application is $250-$500 range.
>
><Snip>
They give you Portfolio when you buy Photoshop 5.5 which I actually just did
after a short twelve year trial break-in testing period.
I'm usually more decisive and honest. I think I had Photoshop 1.1 on my SE but
dumped it when I couldn't figure how to make a rectangle with it! Those plug-ins
take up valuble disk space when your disk is 2 Mgs!!
If it is such an vital tool to my production of photographic images I should
actually own it and when I got the money which is now I'm happy I have finally
done that. Probably the most wildly "borrowed" program in the world and lets
face it that really isn't noble.
But anyway this Portfolio really does a lot and I don't know what would be
missing from it.
Mark Rabiner