Subject: Re: [Leica] Image management
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:29:48 -03-30

At 09:47 PM 15/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone have any information concerning database management of digitized
>images?

I've been using AXS of Windows for a number of years and it has a very good
search engine, caption format and thumbnail viewer.,,,, AND there is a MAC
version.
http://www.ginnphoto.on.ca/digitalprod_software.html#imageaxs

I'm currently using a custom programme but it was based on the AXS model
but just a little more functional to my needs.

PSI has some nice stuff
at  http://www.photosys.com/products/photosynthesis/CaptionEZ3.html

Also Extensis Portfolio  http://www.extensis.com/portfolio/

Some of these things are not cheap but I've seen prices as low as $100.00.
An average price to pay for a "decent" application is $250-$500 range.

cheers,

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart