Subject: [Leica] Re: Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:00:17 -0800

My choice is a Summicron-M 35/2 ASPH. I find it fast enough for any of my
shooting, available darkness or not, and it's got this incredibly
beautiful lens signature. It's worth buying a new one if at all possible.

Of course, you can get a very good price on the compact Summicron-C 40/2
that came with the Leica CL. It's a very sharp lens with excellent lens
signature.

35mm is my standard lens. I also shoot with 90 and 15. Someday I'll go
for a 21, someday I may buy a 50, in that order, but I'm not in any rush.

Godfrey
  Um, yes, my Alfa Romeo Spider is
  worth 3x what my Leica gear cost me.