Subject: Re: [Leica] Kilfitt Kilar 3.5/90
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:55:34 -0500

At 04:21 PM 12/15/1999 GMT, Peter Volle wrote:
>A few days ago I eBayed a Kilfitt reflex housing for LTM; with it came a
>Kilar 3.5/90.

This is an early Kilfitt lens and is not related to the fine 2.8/90
Makro-Kilar.  It is an adequate performer but not as good as some of the
later Kilfitt designs.  I have owned one and found it was satisfactory, but
it didn't cause me to discard my 2.8/90 Elmarit!  I do not know why they
put it on a reflex housing other than that Kilfitt did not regularly
produce RF-coupled lenses, though they did produce an RF-coupled adapter,
the ECUNE.  It is not especially rare or especially valuable:  I believe I
paid $50 for mine and sold it for $75, together with a reflex housing and
cable.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!