Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:47:25 -0800

I'd strongly suggest either the pre-ASPH 35 Summicron or the 50 Summicron.
If I had to choose only one, it would be the 35.  I use my 35 about three
times as much as my 50, but of course others will give you an exactly
reversed ratio.  For my money, a .72 M and a 35 Summicron are what Leica
photography's all about.  However, if you can stretch to buying both that
lens and the 50 Summicron (together about the price of a 50 Summilux) you'll
have the two classic lenses for the M.

Paul Chefurka